Cooking vegetarian food using a crockpot is a great idea because the time taken to cook is surprisingly low and the food prepared is both deliciously yummy and nutritious! Vegetarian crockpot recipes have enhanced flavors as compared to ordinary oven-cooked dishes because it is cooked on simmering heat with a lid to cover the pot that helps to keep the flavors and nutrients intact. You can try the following simple vegetarian crockpot recipes to please your loved ones.
A slow cooker is the perfect option for those interested in saving time, consuming less quantity of oil and eating healthy. Vegetarian crockpot recipes are healthier because when cooking, you do not need to add butter or oil as you would when cooking on stoves. Crockpots come with a timer that can keep your food ready and hot even when you are not around. All you need to do is to put in all ingredients in the crockpot and let it cook on simmering heat.
Some Typical Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes:
Preparing stuffed bell peppers with a blend of diced vegetables, tomato sauces and rice – when you bake this dish, the flavors spread uniformly and make the food more appealing in taste and appearance.
- Making cabbage rolls with rice fillings or barley.
- Cooking Italian dishes with beans, carrots, mushrooms, bell peppers and onions to make a healthy dish. When you wish to add to zucchini remember to do so at the end so that it does not get overcooked and mushy.
- Spaghetti sauce is best prepared in a slow cooker because the taste improves greatly when cooked over gentle heat for a long time.
- You can also saut multiple vegetables in little oil and place them in a crockpot to cook slowly.
- Chilli recipes are well cooked in crockpots and since it is easy to preserve them in refrigerators you can prepare a large quantity and store it for later consumption.
- Amongst Indian curries, cauliflower and potato curry are vegetarian delights in which you can maybe add coconut milk and cream to make the curry richer.
- Dal or lentils are great for health and cooking it with water and other spices on simmering heat for a few hours can make them tender and aromatic and delightfully tasty when served with carbohydrates.
Easy slow cooker recipes have become increasingly popular because cooking time is less and the preparation process is hassle-free. There are many recipes across the Internet that can work wonders if you are a strict vegetarian. You can try many different combinations with chillies, for instance, corns and black beans. Many cookbooks in the market now contain delicious vegetarian slow cooker recipes for your benefit. When you analyze the health benefits of vegetarian crockpot recipes, you are sure to realize the value of making a slow cooker a staple in your kitchen!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5111854